Recipe by COOKGIRl
Courtesy of www.tabasco.com. A very good source for recipes! Another mayo-less salad recipe! Thank you, McIlhenny!
- 2⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tabasco brand pepper sauce (your choice of flavor-I used Chipotle)
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 granny smith apples, cored and diced small
Directions See How It's Made
- Immediately after cutting up the apples, toss them with a little bit of vinegar to stop them from browning.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, salt, fresh basil, Dijon mustard, Tabasco pepper sauce of choice, and green onions in a large salad bowl and mix well.
- Stir in both cabbages and apples. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Best prepared at least 4 hours in advance or overnight for best flavor.