Recipe by Squiddy10
This recipe is modified from one published in the Cedar Rapids Gazette back in the early 1990's. Like all "Cake-Mix" cakes, it is a breeze to prepare, but it looks and tastes like you labored in the kitchen for hours! It is lovely topped with either vanilla or cinnamon icing and goes great with a fresh cup of coffee. It also keeps very well.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 granny smith apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a Bundt pan with shortening.
- Peel, core, quarter and slice the apples very thinly.
- Set aside.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer set to"low" for 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer up to"high" and beat cake batter for another 2 minutes.
- Pour half the batter into the Bundt pan and spread evenly around the bottom.
- Layer apple slices evenly all over the batter, then gently spread the rest of the batter on top of the apple slices.
- Spread this layer of batter evenly so that it"seals" the apples inside the cake.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.