Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
My husband is irish and my mom is from the hills of NC. Well he LOVED this shepherd's pie recipe so it's the one I have to make for him now.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef bouillon or 1 cup broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1 (11 ounce) canniblets white corn
- 5 -6 large potatoes, cooked and mashed as you like them
- Brown ground beef in dutch over or deep frying pan, drain.
- Add onions and peppers, sauté until tender crisp.
- Add Worcestershire, boullion, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add carrots and broccoli, cover and cook until tender.
- Add drained corn.
- Put in casserole and cover with hot mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Turn oven to broil and brown mashed potatoes about 5 minutes.