Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I just love this cake. It’s ideal for any time of the day with a cup of coffee or tea or even just on it’s own. The delicious chocolate flavor and the yummy roasted pecans are a wining combination. It’s very easy to make as well.
- For the cake:.
- Mix cocoa, flour, sugar, soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. (I always recommend to sieve the dry ingredients.).
- Melt the butter and add it to the dough with the water and the eggs.
- Mix the batter until light and creamy.
- Pour into a pre-greased and floured baking tray.
- Baking: Pre-heated oven at 175º C for about 40 minutes on the second lowest shelf.
- For the glaze:.
- Melt white chocolate in warm milk (on the stove).
- Add cocoa powder, sugar and butter.
- Pour over the cake ONLY when the cake is COLD.
- Sprinkle nuts.