Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is a wonderful and simple salad. We love it. The dressing is great.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
A very pretty and delicious salad. This would be perfect to serve to dinner guests. I liked the sweet/sour taste of the dressing, and the bright red color added a festive touch to the salad. I also liked that the dressing had no added fat (although the salad ingredients have plenty). I could see using this dressing on plain greens as well for a low-fat salad. The only change I made was to leave out the sunflower seeds.
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 10 -12 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (chopped or sliced)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton fresh mushrooms
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Salad: Wash and pat dry the spinach, put between paper towels, place in plastic bag and refrigerate Toss spinach with remaining ingredients, adding the mushrooms to taste and the dressing just before serving.