1/1 Photo of Granny Knox's Refrigerator Rolls
2 hrs 20 mins
This recipe came from an old Wesson oil pamphlet that my husband's grandmother used. These rolls were her specialty! They are easy to put together, and can be made 2 or 3 days ahead; just shape, rise & bake when you want them. Makes 4 dozen medium rolls. Cooking time includes rising time. To make Cinnamon Rolls, use 1/4 recipe of dough, roll out 8" X 12". Spread with softened butter, and sprinkle with a mixture of 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 Tablespoons flour. Roll up starting on the long side, cut in 12 slices, and place cut side down in buttered 9 X 13 pan. Let rise, and bake at 400 degrees F. for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and drizzle with powdered sugar glaze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften yeast in the warm water in a large bowl. Add sugar, salt, and half the flour. Beat thoroughly for 2 minutes.
- 2Add egg and oil, beat to combine. Gradually beat in remaining flour until smooth.
- 3Cover dough with a damp cloth and wax paper; place in refrigerator. OR Place dough in a large ziploc bag, press out excess air, and place in refrigerator. Dough may be stored 2-3 days. Punch down occasionally as dough rises in refrigerator.
- 4About 2 hours before baking, shape into rolls, roll in melted butter, and place in buttered pan. Cover, place in warm spot, and let rise until light, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granny Knox's Refrigerator Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.1
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 99.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g