Recipe by Mille®
These little treasures can also be done on an outdoor grill -- cooking time is about the same.
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
Oh my goodness, what a nice surprise this was. I actually made it because it sounded so odd, but boy was it good. I would recommend slicing a few extra apples on top, because the combo of a bite of pork with the apple and chutney and cheese is unbelievably good, so I got mad when I didn't have enough apple. Definitely a repeater in my house.
- 2 pork chops, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces seriously sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the broiler to high.
- Broil the chops for 4 minutes on both sides.
- Spread one side of the chop with chutney, top with sliced apple and broil for a further 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to the broiler for a further 4-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve with salad and new potatoes.