Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Granny Homemade Banana Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1. Cut up bananas and place in casserole dish. Then add layer of vanilla wafers. Repeat layers.
- 2. In a separate bowl, mix sugar and flour well.
- 3. Put milk and egg yolks in double boiler and mix well, then add sugar- flour mix. Constantly stir or it will burn.
- 4. Cook until thick.
- 5. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla and stir.
- 6. Pour over banana and vanilla wafer layers.
- 7. Meringue: Beat egg whites and a little sugar until stiff.
- 8. Spread meringue on top and brown in oven.
- 9. Broil until brown; watch it closely it will brown quickly.
- * The meringue is optional.