Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
4th generation old recipe from England
- 1⁄2 lb butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted twice
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted with flour
- (Handle this dough as little as possible).
- Combine ingredients until it forms a ball.
- Roll dough out to 1/2" thick.
- Cut into shapes or into wedges and prick with a fork.
- Colored sugar may be added for a decorative touch or they can be iced once cooled.
- Bake in 300 degree oven for 8-10 minutes- you should not brown this shortbread so watch closely and remove from oven just before they edges turn brown.
- No need to grease cookie sheets.
This didn't turn out for me, I will have to try it again soon. I baked for about 15 min, but the cookies were still very soft, almost not done, even when they cooled they wouldn't harden. The taste was what I hoped for, a real buttery shortbread! Made for Spring PAC 09. thank you for sharing!