Recipe by The Big Cheese
I have tried several of the highly rated recipes here at Recipezaar but so far nothing has beaten the taste and texture of my late grandmother's recipe for deviled eggs. I hope you'll try these and see if you don't love them as much as I do. *Be sure to boil your eggs for a full 15 minutes in rapidly boiling water (no salt added) and the shells will slide right off after they cool.
- 1 dozen egg
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- paprika, if desired (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Hard boil the eggs for 15 minutes in boiling water. Remove water and allow eggs to cool completely before peeling shells. Slice lengthwise and remove yolks into a small bowl. Mash yolks with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients, blending well. Put mixture into a pastry bag with a large decorative tip and pipe into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.