Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This pie was handed down from my boyfriend's grandma.
Make and share this Granny Doria's Rhubarb Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Beat first 6 ingredients until smooth.
- Add rhubarb to the mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 T. flour and 1 T. sugar on the bottom of the crust.
- Add rhubarb mixture to the pie crust.
- Make lattice strips with the 2nd pie crust.
- Top with lattice.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minute then bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
The flavor is heavenly. The addition of the orange zest is brilliant. This is undoubtedly the best rhubarb pie I ever have made. Thanks so much! for posting it.
We love rhubarb and while I have a good many recipes we love I am always looking to be adding more. I was going through the recipes for a recipe that had a sprinkling on the bottom crust as yours does, this worked so well that I will be using this on all my fruit pies! What a wonderful idea! I used four cups of rhubarb which is the amount that seems to be the perfect for my pans and with the rain having made for wonderfully extra juicy stalks I did add extra flour to thicken. The pie was absolutely delicious and can't wait to be serving this to my summer guests. Thank you for a great recipe that had already been added to my 'rhubarb collection'