Recipe by Hoosier Margie
Easy cake. Very rich. A favorite. Not a clue where the recipe came from. If you want, you can sub a can of sweetened condensed milk for the topping.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- brown sugar
- chopped nuts, I prefer pecans
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat everything together for 2 minutes, except for the brown sugar and chopped nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 pan (Absolutely do not line pan with paper!)
- Sprinkle desired amount of brown sugar and nuts on cake.
- Make a light layer.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- About 5-10 minutes before cake is done prepare topping.
- Melt butter and mix with other ingredients.
- Pour over cake as soon as it comes out of oven.
- Store in pan.