Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy cake. Very rich. A favorite. Not a clue where the recipe came from. If you want, you can sub a can of sweetened condensed milk for the topping.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- brown sugar
- chopped nuts, I prefer pecans
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat everything together for 2 minutes, except for the brown sugar and chopped nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 pan (Absolutely do not line pan with paper!)
- Sprinkle desired amount of brown sugar and nuts on cake.
- Make a light layer.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- About 5-10 minutes before cake is done prepare topping.
- Melt butter and mix with other ingredients.
- Pour over cake as soon as it comes out of oven.
- Store in pan.
Just like my recipe, except I just dump it all together and stir it up with a wooden spoon. I also cook it at 325 for 40 minutes. A family favorite!
Made this while we are snowed in and I was looking for something to make that I had all the ingredients for. Only had chunk pineapple so I put it in my ninja. This was super easy and turned out delicious! My kids loved it too. I will keep pineapple on hand now too, as I always have all of the other ingredients.
Had this same recipe with a slight variation on the topping i thought i'd share. 1 c milnot, 1/2 stick butter, 1/2 c sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla. Bring to a rolling boil for 1 minute then pour over cooled cake in the cake pan.