Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
The powdered sugar is meant to sprinkle on top, but you can use whatever frosting or glaze you want.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- powdered sugar
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and cloves; set aside.
- Beat butter with mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add eggs, banana, undrained pineapple, and vanilla- Beat.
- Add flour mixture.
- Spread batter in greased 10 inch fluted tube pan.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 70-75 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
I thought I'd lost this recipe and I was desperate to find it as I make this cake every Thanksgiving This is a great cake. Thank you, thank you!
I have made this a number of times. A big favorite!! Thanks