Recipe by Gingerbee
This dish was one of the staples in my family. When we were invited to Granny's for supper, we'd walk in and the familiar smell of Granny's chicken primed us for this great meal. Very easy to make and feeds many! Enjoy and thank you Gran :)
Top Review by Lorac
I made this without the potatoes because my DH bought a ton of chicken on sale and I had leftover potatoes I needed to use up. So I just put all the ingredients on the chicken (except the wine which goes in the pan). We are both glad that I made a big pan full because it was delicious and moist. Will make it again with the potatoes using extra bread crumbs and cheese on the chicken. A keeper!
- 2 -3 lbs roasting chickens (cut up into pieces)
- 5 large potatoes (peeled)
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into pieces; wash,dry and place chicken in a bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic and 1 tablespoon of oil and toss chicken.
- Peel potatoes and cut lengthwise into halves.
- Combine bread crumbs with 2 tbsp.
- of olive oil to moisten.
- Pour wine into bottom of a roasting pan.
- Arrange potatoes cut side up between pieces of chicken and top each potato with a rounded tablespoon of breadcrumbs.
- Top the breadcrumb potatoes with parmesan cheese and sprinkle chopped parsley over entire pan of chicken and potato.
- Cook in oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then lower oven to 350 degrees and cook for 45 minutes.
- If liquid evaporates, add a 1/2 cup of water during baking.
- You end up with a delicious browned baked meal the family will love.