Recipe by trulyabaker
These are just how granny you must make them. They are swimming in a warm buttery vanilla sauce. My family LOVES them and hope yours does to!
- 1 (16 ounce) canrefrigerated flaky biscuit dough
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and halved
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter a 7x11 inch baking pan. Separate biscuit dough into 8 pieces. Flatten each piece of dough into a circle. Wrap one biscuit around each apple half and place, seam side down, in pan.
- In small bowl, combine sugar, water, melted butter and vanilla. Pour mixture over dumplings in pan. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until golden. Serve hot.