Recipe by wjorma
Only a Grannie knows this timesaving dish will please the family on a hectic day. Serve with a favorite vegetable or plain rice and you have a nice meal .
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken between 2 pieces of waxed paper. Pound out to 1/4-inch thickness. Dip into egg, then bread crumbs.
- In skillet, heat two tablespoons of oil. Brown chicken 3 minutes on a side, adding remaining oil as needed.
- Mix cornstarch with small amount of milk until smooth, add to remaining milk. In a sauce pan, heat corn starch and milk mixture until bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat, stir in wine and cheese. Pour 1/2 of the sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 inch dish. Add chicken before topping with remaining sauce.
- Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Bake covered in 350° oven until heated thoroughly, about 45 minutes. Serves 4.