Recipe by wjorma
I'm alway looking for a healthier cookie so I came up with this one. If you prefer you could use plain yogurt instead of ricotta and any baking chips would do.
Top Review by Marcie H
Love this recipe! My husband even asked me to make a big batch to take on our trip. I made one batch with some tropical fruit trail mix that I had on hand. We love that too. Thanks for sharing this.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, granulated
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup raisins, any type
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sugar, granulated
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 X 13 pan and set aside.
- oven temperature 350.
- cooking time 30 minutes.
- Into a large bowl beat together until creamy the butter,ricotta cheese and all sugars except the 1 tablespoons.
- Add eggs & vanilla beating in till well blended.
- Combine the flour,baking soda & salt and add. Add the oats,chips and raisins.
- The batter is thick. Place batter into the prepared pan and wet your clean hands with water and press down evenly. Sprinkle the reserved 1 tablespoons sugar on top.
- and bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Yield 24 bars.