Grannies Chocolate Chip Ginger Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, 350 degrees farenhiet or gas mark 4.
- Begin by sifting the self raising flour, cocoa, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl.
- Then, using your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrums and next stir in the sugar and chopped chocolate.
- Now add the golden syrup, then mix everything with a wooden spoon and finish off by squeezing the mixture together with your hands.
- After that, divide the mixture into 16, and roll each portion into a ball.
- Place on a lined baking sheet, very well spread out as they will spread out when cooking, flatten each ball slightly, then bake on the centre shelf for 15-20 minutes or untill they have spread out and turned cracked and craggy.
- Cool on a baking tray for a few minutes then, using a palette knife, remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then enjoy!