Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got to try them!!! Everybody loves them!
- 50 g dark chocolate, chopped into little chunks
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 110 g self raising flour
- 10 g cocoa
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 50 g butter, cut into cubes
- 40 g golden granulated sugar
- 50 g golden syrup (about 2 tablespoons)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, 350 degrees farenhiet or gas mark 4.
- Begin by sifting the self raising flour, cocoa, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl.
- Then, using your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrums and next stir in the sugar and chopped chocolate.
- Now add the golden syrup, then mix everything with a wooden spoon and finish off by squeezing the mixture together with your hands.
- After that, divide the mixture into 16, and roll each portion into a ball.
- Place on a lined baking sheet, very well spread out as they will spread out when cooking, flatten each ball slightly, then bake on the centre shelf for 15-20 minutes or untill they have spread out and turned cracked and craggy.
- Cool on a baking tray for a few minutes then, using a palette knife, remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then enjoy!
This is Delia Smith's recipe from her website... can't go wrong with them though..
Fantastic, I recived the compliment of "Best cookies i've ever tasted" and i think thats pretty good.