Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cheese scones are sooo tasty! My mum originally got the recipe from a Be-Ro recipe book around 20 years ago but I still make them for everyone. My 5 year old son is always asking for them and even doubled up we never seem to have enough. These freeze REALLY well and are great for picnics, trips, packed lunches etc.
- Heat oven to 220ºC, 425ºF, Gas Mark 7. Grease a baking tray.
- Mix flour and seasonings, rub in margarine and stir in cheese.
- Mix to a soft dough with the egg and milk, reserving a little for glazing.
- Roll out to a round 1.5 cm (½ inch) in thickness and cut into 8 triangles.
- Place on the baking tray and brush with egg and milk and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
This is amazingly good. I don't miss sugar in it at all. And there is not a lot of butter in it. It would make a good treat for early morning outings. I am so glad I just purchased a weight measurement utensel so I could make this among other recipes. I did not have self raising flour so added 2 tsp. baking powder and upped the salt to 1/4 tsp. I am not sure what rubbing in margarine in is so I used butter and cut it in. It works with other scones maybe that is what was ment.
Excellent! So easy to do, and so tasty! I didn't have self raising flour, so I used regular all purpose flour. They didn't rise much, but looked good and tasted delicious! A new favorite!
Yum! These did not last too long once they came out of the oven...Such a simple and tasty recipe.Perfect as they are but I might add some garlic powder next time and see how that works.Thank you Um Safia :)