Another NC Piedmont favorite is the Moravian Sugar Cake. This recipe is a slight twist to this traditional delicacy. I got the recipe from my friend's Granmaw Betty who lives in Stokes County, NC. It is very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread one can of rolls in an ungreased 9x13 pan.
- 2Beat together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice.
- 3Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon then reserve.
- 4Spread this mixture over dough in the pan.
- 5Spread the other can of rolls over the cheese mixture.
- 6Pour the melted butter over the tops of the rolls.
- 7Sprinkle with lots of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 8Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granmaw Betty's Cream Cheese Sugar Cake
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.1 mg
- Sodium 263.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 30.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g