Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this among my Granma's recipes. It is easy to make and absolutely delicious. I have made it for several cook-outs and everyone just loves it.
- 2 medium zucchini or 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices (approx. 3 cups)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup grated or chopped cheese (I used Shredded Italian blend)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Mix together salt, pepper, basil, oregano leaves and garlic powder.
- In 2 1/2 quart casserole or baking dish, place a layer of squash.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of seasoning mixture.
- Add layer of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the seasoning mixture.
- Add layer of onion.
- Sprinkle with the remaining seasoning mixture.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, add cheese and bacon.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
We loved this dish. I will definitely make it again soon.
excellent recipe! wonderful flavours, interesting colors and it presents really well too. VERY easy to make too! i had so many compliments on this dish. it was just excellent and a definite keeper. thanks so much.:)
I have fixed this recipe several times and I finally decided to rate the recipe..I love this. Its one of my favorite summer dishes. I use up my zucchini with this recipe. Its so easy and just delicious. My DH and I both enjoy this a lot. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.