Sheri Sheering's Note:
I found this among my Granma's recipes. It is easy to make and absolutely delicious. I have made it for several cook-outs and everyone just loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium zucchini or 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices (approx. 3 cups)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon basil
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup grated or chopped cheese (I used Shredded Italian blend)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1Mix together salt, pepper, basil, oregano leaves and garlic powder.
- 2In 2 1/2 quart casserole or baking dish, place a layer of squash.
- 3Sprinkle with 1/3 of seasoning mixture.
- 4Add layer of tomatoes.
- 5Sprinkle with 1/3 of the seasoning mixture.
- 6Add layer of onion.
- 7Sprinkle with the remaining seasoning mixture.
- 8Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 9Uncover, add cheese and bacon.
- 10Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granma's Simple Summer Supper
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.8
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 27.4 mg
- Sodium 767.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 7.7 g