Not your typical fruit cake! We eat this one down South (Florida) and Granmama finally let me have the recipe. No baking, no aging and none of that "whatsit?" fruit!
- Crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Granmama's recipe calls for "puffed" raisins. To puff them, soak in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Chop the nuts; drain and cut cherries in half (if they are whole).
- Melt marshmallows in milk.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pack into regular sized loaf pan.
- Refrigerated overnight and cut with a hot knife.
- Coconut is an optional ingredient.
- Cook time is refrigeration time.