Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A family recipe that mom's been making forever.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt & pepper
- In large skillet, cook beef, onions, green peppers, and garlic in hot oil until beef is browned, stirring occasionally. Drain off any liquid.
- Add tomato sauce, catsup, chili powder, and salt & pepper. Simmer until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Add other taco ingredients to include taco shells or tortillas, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, sour cream, shredded cheese, and refried beans.