Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) taco seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 lb lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (Pillsbury Grands!)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- Combine taco seasoning, water, 1/2 cup salsa, and cooked ground beef in a skillet; cook until thickened.
- Press each biscuit into 6-inch round. Fill each with taco mixture and 1 tablespoons cheese. Fold dough over filling and press to seal. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with remaining salsa, cheese, and sour cream.
I never review this recipe but have been making it for a while. My family loves the melts. thank you
These are great. I got this off of my Pillsbury calendar. I used ground turkey and cheddar cheese, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The taco seasoning measurement here is equal to one envelope, I believe (that's what I used). They reminded us of hot pockets. I served these with veggies, and I'll definitely be keeping this recipe.
Wow! I was surprised how great these were...I could not get mine to a 6 inch size but only to 5 inches so I could have used 2 tubes of biscuits...I did not use the flaky kind but the southern style grands....but the flavor is fabulous...kindof like a taco calzone...a must try