Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (16 1/3 ounce) cans Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped if desired (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, if desired (optional)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with shortening or cooking spray. In large food-storage plastic bag, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the biscuit pieces.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.
Made this today to take and bake at work adding about 1/4-1/2 t of Chinese Five Spice just because I like the flavor. When I took it out of the oven after 27 minutes it looked done on top but it was gooey in the middle . Flavor was good and I plan to try it again and bake longer. Hopefully I will be able to come back and give it a 5 star rating.