Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was a Pillsbury Bake-Off 40(Hollywood, 2002)$10,000 winner for S.Lea Mead from San Mateo, Ca. A tasty fruit filled pie gets a tender streusel topping in these "small" but powerful tasting little pies.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, such as walnuts, almonds, macadamia cashews (optional)
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) canpillsbury grands ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling (or blueberry, cherry, strawberry)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- With pastry blender or fork cut in butter or margarine until mixture coarse crumbs.
- Separate dough into 8 pieces; split each biscuit in half.
- With floured fingers, flatten each biscuit to form 4" round.
- Press each biscuit in ungresed 2-3/4 x 4 x 1-/4" muffin cup.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons pie filling into each biscuit-lined cup.
- Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons flour mixture (cups will be full).
- Bake for 15-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffin cups; place on wire rack, cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Top each serving with dollop of whiiping cream; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Store in refrigerator.