Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I snipped this from the coupon section. A nice alternative to the usual buttered bread slices!
Make and share this Grands! Grilled Cheese Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb refrigerated buttermilk biscuit (Pillsbury Grands!)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 8 slices American cheese
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press or roll each biscuit into a 5 1/2-inch circle.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Add biscuit circles; cook 3 minutes.
- Turn; continue cooking 3 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on 4 biscuit circles; top with remaining biscuit circles.
- Return to skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn; cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
A very intresting and tast dish---Thanks
Used this method to make egg and cheese bisquit sandwiches. The Kids really enjoyed them for breakfast this morning. They are quite puffy, but easy to make and tasty. The kids want to try a pizza sandwich next time. Thanks for an easy and unique way of making sandwiches.
First let me say that this is a great method for cooking these biscuits when there is no oven available. They cook up nice and high and fluffy. That said, they were so big and fluffy that the two pieces of cheese got lost in the sandwich. DH and I agreed that this would be a great base for a tuna melt or a pizza. Also anything that would use and english muffin or biscuit as a base like a breakfast sandwich or sausage gravy. Will use this method again, but not as a grilled cheese.