Recipe by Pinay0618
I have not yet made these, but I like the idea of them. Very few ingredients listed, so the recipe may need a fair bit of tweaking. From Pillsbury.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 cup diced fresh sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup irish stout beer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) canpillsbury grands flaky layers original refrigerated biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in sweet potato, stout, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Uncover; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until liquid is evaporated.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press or roll each to form 6-inch round. Place on cookie sheet. Spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture onto center of each round. Fold dough in half over filling; press with fork to seal.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.