Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not sure where my dad found this recipe, but it is a perfect poolside treat!
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml grated lemon peel
- 236.59 ml fresh lemon juice
- 473.19 ml fresh strawberries, halved
- 473.18 ml cold sparkling water
- strawberry (to garnish)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Add lemon peel and lemon juice, stir and remove from heat. Let cool completely, then strain into a clean pitcher. In a blender, puree the pint of strawberries and add to the lemon juice. Stir well and refrigerate. Add sparkling water and stir well when ready to serve.
Mmmm, is this homemade lemonade ever good. I am really enjoying this flavorful treat, you can taste the lemon and the strawberries. I has a lovely velvety texture. Thank you so much for sharing your dad's recipe. I will be making this often. Made for Pac Spring Safari 2013.