Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb ground round
- 48 ounces Italian sauce (prego)
- 1⁄3 lb mushroom, chopped (optional)
- Brown the meat in skillet with 1 tblsp oil.
- Remove meat and saute onions and garlic for 3 or 4 minutes until translucent.
- Add the onions, garlic and juices to large sauce pan and put in the Prego.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and add mushrooms. Cook for additional 5 minutes on simmer heat.
- Put in qt jars (for 6 servings) or in peanut butter jars for 3 servings.
- Freezes well.