Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Old fashioned, this is from my Family Recipe Box. From the Family Recipe Box, in Grandpa's typewriting.
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup water (115 degrees)
- 1 1⁄4 cups evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Stir yeast into the warm water to dissolve.
- In a small bowl, mix well the dissolved yeast, milk, and eggs.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in 1/2 cup butter with pastry blender until it resembles coarse meal.
- Stir yeast mixture into flour mixture just enough to moisten.
- Spread dough with light film of butter to prevent from drying.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate up to four days.
- Shape and bake as desired at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.