Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pumpkin (canned)
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Put all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl and make a deep well in the center with a spoon.
- Add all other ingredients to the well.
- Stir just enough to dampen all dry ingredients.
- Dates or chocolate chips may be substituted for nuts and raisins in any mixture, as long as mix equals 1 cup.
- Coat 3 coffee cans (13 oz.) with cooking spray and pour mixture equally into cans.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 1 hour.
- Bread is ready when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn can upside down immediately onto a plate.
- Wait several minutes and then lift can off.
- The cans make indentations in bread which produce guides for large cookie slices.