Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a meat and gravy dish taught to me by my late grandfather. This is excellent over egg noodles or rice. I never measure with this recipe, so time and amounts are up to the chef. The left overs are even better!
- Season meat with Garlic salt and Pepper to taste.
- Dredge meat in flour.
- Heat oil in pan and brown meat over medium high heat.
- Add diced green pepper and 1/4 cup water and cover to allow green pepper to steam.
- Prepare both packages of brown gravy as directed on package. (Usually 1 package plus one cup water, wisked).
- add gravy and beer or wine. Cover, reduce heat and Simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste while simmering. I usually cook it for 45-60 minutes. Longer if you like your meat more tender.
- Prepare egg noodles or rice and serve meat mixture over.
The flavor is memorable. For me I found this recipe to be quite good. My DH is not a fan of pepper steak recipes but loves this one. The beer makes this recipe. For the gravy I chose to cut it back by a quarter. So glad I chose to make this recipe for PAC S 09.
Mini, this was fantastic. My kids want to adopt you!!! I used beer for the gravy and it added a new taste to the usual gravy mix and DH noticed it too, he usually doesn't like beer cooked in anything but he loved this. I fixed mashed potatoes and we used that in place of the noodles/rice. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.