Recipe by mini_1
This is a meat and gravy dish taught to me by my late grandfather. This is excellent over egg noodles or rice. I never measure with this recipe, so time and amounts are up to the chef. The left overs are even better!
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
The flavor is memorable. For me I found this recipe to be quite good. My DH is not a fan of pepper steak recipes but loves this one. The beer makes this recipe. For the gravy I chose to cut it back by a quarter. So glad I chose to make this recipe for PAC S 09.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cubed
- garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large green pepper, Diced
- 2 cups water, plus
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 ounces brown gravy mix (Aprox weight of two packages)
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer or 8 ounces red wine
- egg noodles or rice, prepared
Directions See How It's Made
- Season meat with Garlic salt and Pepper to taste.
- Dredge meat in flour.
- Heat oil in pan and brown meat over medium high heat.
- Add diced green pepper and 1/4 cup water and cover to allow green pepper to steam.
- Prepare both packages of brown gravy as directed on package. (Usually 1 package plus one cup water, wisked).
- add gravy and beer or wine. Cover, reduce heat and Simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste while simmering. I usually cook it for 45-60 minutes. Longer if you like your meat more tender.
- Prepare egg noodles or rice and serve meat mixture over.