Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
My grandfather created this recipe for my family on thanksgiving. When I tried it I had to make all the time.I'ts great!
- 1 lb small no yolk noodles
- 1 peeled and diced cucumber
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise or 1 cup regular mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and olives.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper,and sugar stir till not lumpy; add to mixture and stir.
- Chill and serve.
Wow, what a good salad. I halved the recipe since I was the only one eating it. The only change I made was wide egg noodles since those are what I had on hand and it still turned out great. I've never used balsamic vinegar before and I was so surprised at the wonderful flavor. Thanks for the recipe! I'm sure I will be using this one alot once my garden gets going.