Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
A cheesy, souffle-like casserole topped with seasoned bread crumbs!!
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups dried macaroni
- 2 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes
- In a small skillet heat and melt 1 T.
- of butter.
- Add bread crumbs and sauté until they sizzle and are tender, this whole process should take no more than 5 minutes.
- Cover and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, evaporated milk, corn oil, white pepper, seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce until all incorporated.
- In a large, buttered oblong baking dish, put a layer of macaroni on the bottom and slowly pour only enough egg mixture to cover this layer.
- Then add the cheeses on top of that.
- Repeat this whole process until you used up all the cheese and macaroni in layers and finish with a top layer of egg mixture.
- Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 30-35 minutes in a pre-heated 425 oven.
- During the last 5-7 minutes of cooking, add the bread crumbs over the top and cook uncovered.
- Let stand and cool for at least 5 minutes.
Grandpa. I loved it! Thanks ... will definitely make again.
Sorry Grandpa, can't give you 5 stars. We liked it ok but thought it was dry. It was the easiest mac. & cheese I have ever made. Thanks for the recipe. I'll be looking for more recipes from you in the future.
This is the first mac & cheese recipe I've made where you don't precook the noodles. This was good but I prefer a little more creamy. I thank you for posting a very easy mac & cheese recipe Thanks, Grandpa!