Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was from my DH's grandfather, who was an avid fisherman. My husband made sure I put this recipe in my collection!
- 1 lb cod fish fillet (or whatever fish you prefer)
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil (for frying)
- Combine all ingredients except fish and mix well.
- Coat fish fillets or pieces in batter and place on cookie sheet or tray; chill for around 30 minutes (if you skip this step, the batter will not stick to the fish).
- Deep-fry or pan-fry until cooked through.
I made just as described. Batter was SO thick I couldn't even mix it! I think I will make the eggs and vinegar up together next time THEN dip in dry ingredients. I love the combination of this recipe, but something is NOT right.