1/1 Photo of Grandpa's French Toast
Jennifer Lewis's Note:
My grandpa made this for us when we would stay all night. I watched him from start to finish and this is what I came up with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On the stovetop, turn on to medium heat and use a griddle.
- 2In a bowl big enough to dunk your bread, add the 3 egg yolks and 1 whole egg and 1/4 cup of milk and with a fork, stir these ingredients.
- 3Add the vanilla and cinnamon.
- 4When the griddle gets warm, quickly, put in your slices of bread in the mixture, both sides.
- 5If you let it soak, the bread will fall apart.
- 6Wait until the bread is a golden brown and flip to cook the other side.
- 7Serve with butter and maple sryup or for a little less fat, sprinkle with powered sugar and add some strawberries.
- 8I have cooked this alot in my life, and after trial and error, I have decided that if you add 4 whole eggs, you are just cooking eggs on a slice of bread, but you need something to keep everything together, so you need a little something like the egg whites to do that.
- 9See what you think.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandpa's French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 984.3
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 380.5 mg
- Sodium 1834.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.0 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 40.2 g