Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
My grandmother would make this for my grandfather...it was his favorite recipe for corn fritters.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups drained whole kernel corn
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons melted shortening
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix eggs and milk; add to dry ingrdients and mix until smooth.
- Add corn and shortning and drop from tablespoon into deep hot fat, about 370*.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Grandpa sure knew what he was talkin' about!!! These are wonderful corn fritters! I used fresh shucked corn, and otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The only thing I might change next time is to make smaller fritters, just a personal preference. These were awesome with maple syrup, straight out of the fryer. To reheat them, I found that putting them in the toaster oven for about 10-15 min. on 325 degrees does a nice job. These are a definite keeper, and I will surely be making them again! Thanks!! ~Manda
I love corn fritters and this is the recipe I use every time. Perfect!
Quick, Easy and the kids loved these.