Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Old fashioned, this is from my Family Recipe Box.
- 4 -5 apples, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Put apples in buttered 9x10 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with water.
- Make topping: rub together sugar, oats, cinnamon, butter, and flour.
- Put topping on apples.
- Bake 40 minutes in 350 oven.
- Best served with pouring cream.
- From the Family Recipe Box, in Grandpa's typewriting and dated 10/22/85.
- Attributed to Tobi Dixon.
a little too sweet for taste but really good otherwise! (unfortunately we didn't have any brown sugar available, so maybe the white sugar caused the sweetness...)
Found the apples still too crunchy after 40 min in the oven. I would definatly have used less sugar cause it was soooo sweet!
wonderful, iused my bottled apples, and it turned out great! Thanks to old family recipes.