Recipe by wjorma
Grandpa Roy loved these cookies and Grandma Dora made them for him often....I love them too
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup extra finely granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together except the sugar and set.
- aside. Cream the butter and sugar together. Then beat in the egg.
- and molasses, and add to the dry ingredients and mix well. Form.
- balls 1 inch in diameter, roll them in extra-fine granulated.
- sugar, and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to.
- 15 minutes.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.