Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
My mother recommended I post this recipe as she remembers it from her childhood. I asked her if it had a frosting to go with it and she said it never lasted long enough to be frosted. So enjoy it plain or use your choice of frosting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Take milk and vinegar and mix together to make sour milk, set aside.
- Cream sugar, egg, and butter until fluffy.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt together into large bowl.
- Gradually beat in butter mixture along with the vanilla and sour milk. Beat until batter is smooth.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan and pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm or allow to cool and frost with your favorite frosting.
What a delcious cake Bunlady. We enjoyed it very much. The texture of this cake was perfect, tender and moist and the flavour was delicious. I used frozen, well drained, small wild blueberries, they worked really well. This cake was a lovely treat. Thanks so much for sharing...Another winner!
I can remember making this exact recipe for my daughters girls club night. The leader liked it so well that she asked for the recipe. I like it! It is a good basic cake recipe. Served unfrosted it is great with coffee or for tea. I"m glad to see it on recipezaar because I lost my copy.
I made this today . I followed the recipe step by step. I baked it at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. It did not cook as a cake.It seemed to have too much sugar or something because it came out like baked sugar and blueberries.The cake texture was missing.