Recipe by plove53
My Hungarian Grandfather made this all the time with his homegrown cukes. I'm carrying on the tradition. This is a great summer very tasty treat by itself or as a sandwich.
- 4 -6 medium cucumbers
- 1 onion (sliced Thin)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice cucumbers very thin (like potato chips).
- Place sliced cucumbers in a bowl of salted water and soak for an hour.
- Drain and squeeze cucumbers dry; place in a colander and let drip dry for an hour.
- After an hour, and the Cucumbers are somewhat dry, mix in the previous made dressing.
- Add the sliced Onion and the Paprika.
- Add Your favorite Italian Dressing (or make from scrach).
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Let sit in Refrigerator a couple of hours (or over night)then serve.