Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My Hungarian Grandfather made this all the time with his homegrown cukes. I'm carrying on the tradition. This is a great summer very tasty treat by itself or as a sandwich.
- Peel and slice cucumbers very thin (like potato chips).
- Place sliced cucumbers in a bowl of salted water and soak for an hour.
- Drain and squeeze cucumbers dry; place in a colander and let drip dry for an hour.
- After an hour, and the Cucumbers are somewhat dry, mix in the previous made dressing.
- Add the sliced Onion and the Paprika.
- Add Your favorite Italian Dressing (or make from scrach).
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Let sit in Refrigerator a couple of hours (or over night)then serve.
This is a light refreshing salad for the summer. I even enjoyed it & I am not fond of cucumbers. I cut the recipe in half & it still made a lot. Made for Spring PAC 2009.