Recipe by jnkmiles
These rolls are my husband's grandfathers. When he passed on, I took over the roll making. We make these rolls at every holiday. I think if I did not make these, there would be a boycott!
- 2 cups of lukewarm water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup flour (for working with the rolls)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients thoroughly. Add vegetable oil and slowly stir in lukewarm water. Let rise for 45 minutes.
- Pour dough out onto a floured counter. Knead dough well. Place dough into greased bowl. Let rise again. Punch down the dough.
- Make into 24 even sized rolls and place on to a well-greased 11x13 dish. Let rise. Preheat oven to 350°F Bake for 30 minutes or until done.