Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was my Grandpa's favorite pie. Today we still have it at family get togethers because my brother, Guy (named after Grandpa:)) always requests it. There is never any left.
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts (baked)
- whipped cream, we actually skip this most of the time (optional)
- Beat eggs slightly, and gently blend into the cream in a large cooking pot.
- Mix brown sugar and sifted flour together, and slowly add to the cream mixture.
- When it's mixed well place on the stove and cook at a low heat. Add butter and stir constantly.
- Cook until it gets thick and stirs kind of hard. It gets thick pretty quickly, AND BURNS EASILY.
- Pour into the pie crusts, and cool.
- And if you are making this for Little Guy (now 24 years old) hide it until time to serve.