Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My grandpa Cornish makes fried catfish with this recipe. I tried it with baby squid, YUMMMMM! I am not sure about the quantities, just use what looks right.
- 1 bottle beer
- 2 -3 eggs
- pancake mix (not biscuit mix)
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt or Old Bay Seasoning or favorite mixed spice
- oil (for frying)
- fish or vegetables (or whatever squid is yummy!)
- lemons or limes or vinegar
- Mix beer and egg.
- "Soak"fish (or whatever) in beer-egg mixture.
- Grandpa varies the soaking time, I wouldn't go less than 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan or deep fryer.
- Season pancake mix to taste with favorite spice mix.
- Take fish out of beer-egg mixture and dredge in pancake mix.
- Fry as normal.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- I like to drizzle lemon or lime juice (or even vinegar) over before eating.
Very good fish recipe. I used tilapia fillets. It soaked for more than the 10 minutes and was great. Made for Bargain Basement.