My grandpa made this simple soup for us during a recent visit and my husband loved it. After trying a different Sausage and Potato Soup recipe and coming up disappointed, I asked grandpa for his recipe and got the five-star reaction I was hoping for. This soup is hearty, delicious and perfect for a cold winter night! Use spicy sausage if you like a bit of a kick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large skillet, melt butter. add onion, celery, sausage. saute until veggies are tender and sausage is browned.
- 2Stir in flour until blended. add parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- 3Slowly blend in chicken broth and diced potatoes.
- 4Cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- 5Stir in cream and cook until heated through.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandpa Cliff's Sausage & Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 893.5
- Calories from Fat 590
- Total Fat 65.6 g
- Saturated Fat 33.8 g
- Cholesterol 206.4 mg
- Sodium 1817.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 24.3 g