Recipe by Your Sangoma
My Grandpa always makes chili verde but never really followed a strict recipe. I kept bugging him to get me a recipe for it, so he wrote it down as he went along.
- 1 lb pork, cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro, leaf
- 1 clove
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put pork in plastic bag with flour, salt and pepper. Shake until meat is well covered.
- Brown pork in frying pan with oil.
- While meat is browning, you can put the other ingredients in a larger pan, save about ½ cup broth to put in frying pan after pork is out.
- When meat is done, put it in the large pan and pour ½ cup broth in frying pan and stir. Add to larger pot. Simmer until meat is tender.