Grandpa Al was from Cincinnati, of German descent, and knew how to make a fabulous cole slaw! Thanks to my niece Brandy for sharing her Dad's recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon and reserve grease. Crumble bacon and set aside. Pour bacon grease into saucepan and keep warm.
- 2Beat eggs and sugar together.
- 3Pour vinegar into warm bacon grease in a saucepan. Add sugar and egg mixture; bring to a boil. Remove immediately, pour over cabbage in large bowl. Add cooked bacon and mix well.
- 4Let sit for a couple hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandpa Al's Famous German Hot Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.8
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 254.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g