Recipe by Treewoman
Grandpa Al was from Cincinnati, of German descent, and knew how to make a fabulous cole slaw! Thanks to my niece Brandy for sharing her Dad's recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- cabbage, medium head, finely shredded
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar, white or cider
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon and reserve grease. Crumble bacon and set aside. Pour bacon grease into saucepan and keep warm.
- Beat eggs and sugar together.
- Pour vinegar into warm bacon grease in a saucepan. Add sugar and egg mixture; bring to a boil. Remove immediately, pour over cabbage in large bowl. Add cooked bacon and mix well.
- Let sit for a couple hours before serving.