Recipe by Alicia L.
My best friends gma made this jello all the time. When I was preggers with DS1 it was made for the 4th of July and I ate this stuff with everything (including the pickles! So by special request and a lot of begging here it is! I copied and pasted what was emailed to me, sorry if the directions are not perfect, as I have not made it yet. (cooking time is refrigeration time)
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 16 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Strain the pineapple juice into a measuring cup, then add water to get it up to what the box o jello asks for - go a little easy with the water cuz the fruit adds more. Okay, maybe go 1/2 or 2/3 what it asks (per box)?
- Heat in microwave and mix with jello dust.
- Add pineapple and strawberries, stir.
- Pour half the mixture into a glass casserole dish, refrigerate. Leave the other half in the bowl on the counter at room temperature (cover)
- After the first layer solidifies (couple hours-ish) spread the sour cream over the jello. Then evenly pour the rest of the bowl o jello on top. Refrigerate overnight.
- Viola, Grando's Jello!