Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is my grandmother's recipe (obviously) and she made it at holidays. I remember sneaking into it when I was little, before everybody else got there. It's great with crackers, and I have also given them for Christmas presents.
- 15 -16 ounces canned whole tomatoes, drained
- 16 ounces grated cheddar cheese (Sharp is the best)
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove (powdered garlic will work, 1-2 tsp.)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces finely chopped pecans (or more)
- Blend all ingredients except pecans.
- Roll into 4 logs on wax paper and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Roll in pecans. Keep refrigerated.
- I found that if I froze it solid, I had to thaw it slightly to get the pecans to stick. I also was able to freeze them again after I rolled them in the pecans. Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap to freeze.